What We Do
There are four elements of the project combined to create a holistic approach to making a real difference for victims at all stages of their journey. Below we have outlined our plans for 2021.
- A comprehensive yet simple and easy to navigate directory of existing services; searchable by postcode within Australia.
- Comprehensive explanations about the different forms of Domestic Violence.
- Escaping Safely plans & tips
- Directory of existing services
- Creating awareness of the safety concerns that may present after escaping an abusive relationship
- Directory of Legal services to counter Legal & Financial abuse
- Information & tips to develop safe drop off points for child exchange
- Education on online & social media safety techniques
- Education on mobile phone safety
- Vehicle safety
- including checking for tracking devices
- Personal safety & awareness
- Security camera
- Options & discounts
- Vouchers for food & necessities
- Self Defence Training
- Partner with psychologists to discuss and raise awareness of the importance of psychological healing and trauma recover
- Education & discussion videos about different kinds of healing (Spiritual Healing, Religion, etc.).
- Affirmations & Empowerment
- A community of Cycle Breakers – survivors supporting each other and sharing their stories (both of abuse and healing)
- Family & Friend understanding program
- how they can really understand a survivors experience, fears & trauma , and how they can help & support them
- create a community of family members/ friends of victims who can share insight & experiences to support each other and develop further understanding
- Empowering Survivors to create the life they want, free of abuse and control.
- Develop a Financial Independence program to be delivered free to DV survivors.
- Action Plans / Implementation Strategies.
- Budgeting tools.
- Providing information on possibilities and guidance.
- Business Startup Mentoring / Tools.
- Workplace entering/ reentering
- Interview skills
- Workplace skills